Due to ongoing cold and icy conditions, all area schools canceled school on Friday which also led to the cancelation of all sports and events that evening. Below is a list of the postponements and make-up dates:
– The Pioneer League wrestling meet hosted by Iola that was postponed to Friday has been moved again to today at Burlington, starting at 3 p.m.
– Iola boys and girls basketball games versus Anderson County were also rescheduled for today in Garnett. The girls will start at 1 p.m. with the boys following right after. These will be varsity only games.
Stay connected to the stories and events that make your community a special place to call home.
Subscriptions start at $14.90/month.View subscription options
- Unmatched coverage of Allen County’s local news and sports, a tradition dating back to 1867
- Compelling portraits of our residents, experienced reporting and thoughtful analysis
- Unlimited online access to iolaregister.com and our archives