Kitchen fire guts LaHarpe family’s residence



April 22, 2018 - 11:00 PM

LaHarpe volunteer firefighters spray water onto a burning house in the 100 block of South Washington in LaHarpe Sunday. Two teen-aged boys in the home escaped uninjured. The house was a total loss. REGISTER/RICHARD LUKEN

LAHARPE — A fire destroyed the home of Mike Scott and his two teen-aged sons early Sunday afternoon.

Scott was not home, but his sons were. The boys were frying hamburger on a propane-fueled stove when they reported flames gushing from the stovetop.

The fire quickly grew in intensity as the boys fled the home and sought refuge with a neighbor.

August 13, 2018
May 31, 2017
January 30, 2013
July 6, 2010