60 Years Ago
John H. Wille, president, and the Piqua State Bank, will quietly celebrate a dual 50th anniversary tomorrow. First known as the Farmers State Bank of Piqua, the institution was opened April 13, 1910 with a capitalization of $10,000. J.W. Grogman was president. John Wille has been with the bank since its opening day and became president in 1928. The bank has been in its present building since 1914. Among its first directors were Iolans J.H. Campbell, L.E. Horville and W. S. Kaufman.